Leaving town on vacation? Need to go away for a while?
Give your cat comfortable lodgings, along with the attentive care of our professional team. Your pet will be less idle during your absence and in good spirits when you return.
*Please note, your cat must be up-to-date with its vaccinations and receive flea prevention before boarding with us.
The microchip contains a unique identifier that corresponds to your contact information in a central database. That means a microchip is only as good as the information attached to it.
Here’s what you need to know about microchipping:
- The procedure is nothing more than an injection similar to a vaccine or routine shot that inserts the microchip, which is about the size of a grain of rice, under your pet’s skin between the shoulder blades.
- A microchip is not a GPS, so it cannot be used to locate your pet. However, it can be used to identify him or her and facilitate a quick reunion.
- It’s important to keep your contact information up to date so you can be notified when your pet is found. (24petwatch.com)
Maintaining your pet’s nails/claws is a necessary part of grooming and it is essential to your pet’s comfort.
Scratching and clawing are natural behavioural traits of pets. Regular nail trimming is the best way to secure their safety and yours.
Let our specially trained team members take the stress out of trimming your pet’s nails by doing it for you. You are welcome to be present during the trimming, or you can relax in our waiting room. Rest assured that if your pet will not cooperate, we also offer nail trims under short acting sedation, thereby removing all their anxiety and allowing a shorter clip!
Choosing a healthy diet for your pet can be confusing. Our veterinary formulas, regular and specialized, satisfy the nutritional needs of your dog or cat throughout their lifetime. We have a variety of specialty diets available on site.
- Regular and specialized formulas for cats and dogs of any breed or size
- Available in dry kibble, pâté, stew
- Pregnancy, lactating, newborn and growth formulas
- Healthy skin and coat formulas
- Senior pet formulas
- Dental formulas
- Weight control and weight loss formulas
- Gastro-intestinal formulas
- Special formulas for pets with decreased appetite due to illness
- Urinary formulas
- Allergy formulas
Ask our animal health professionals for advice. They know the products and their origins, and are trained to recommend the ideal dietary solution.
Did you know that up to 50% of our pets are overweight? This situation may seem normal, but having a few pounds too many often has major consequences that affect the quality of life of our companions. Higher risk during anesthesia, joint problems, diabetes and hypertension are some examples of consequences associated with excess weight.
Internal and external parasite prevention
Parasite prevention is not only important for the health of your pet, but also for the health of your family.
Did you know many pet parasites are zoonotic, meaning they can infect people as well as animals? Many of these parasites are both treatable and preventable with appropriate medications. Furthermore, over the last couple of years, with warmer weather and increased travel, we have seen a dramatic rise in the amount of parasite infestations being treated in our pets.
In order to ensure complete protection for your pets, we offer a wide variety of de-wormers as well as flea and tick products for both dogs and cats. We stock these products year-round and provide parasite control in different forms of administration so that we can accommodate any preference that you or your pet may have.
Please note: any product containing heartworm and/or tick prevention is dispensed by prescription only, meaning that your pet must have been seen by a veterinarian for a wellness examination within the last year.